Carpool the West Project
The Carpool the West Project (‘project’) is a joint enterprise between Wyndham City Council, MercyHealth, Metro North West Region of VicRoads, Southern Metropolitan Cemetery Trust, Victoria University, Western Health, Brimbank City Council, Maribyrnong City Council and Melton City Council (together ‘the partner organisations’).
The partner organisations will collectively facilitate the hosting of a project website to enable their employees to register as users and make contact with other registered users for the purposes of making carpool travel arrangements.
Each partner organisation may opt to impose its own terms and conditions in addition to the terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- By registering with the project website and participating in the project generally, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Participation in the project is for the purpose of making carpool arrangements for travel to and from work only. You are not permitted to arrange personal travel or work-related travel within business hours unless you have obtained the prior written consent of your employer. You are not permitted to use an employer-provided vehicle unless you have obtained the prior written consent of your employer.
- Registration with the project website and participation in the project is restricted to those employees of the partner organisations who are aged 18 years and over.
- To register with the project website, you must provide your name, gender, confirmation that you are aged over 18 years, email address, phone number, name of employer, vehicle registration number, details of proposed travel arrangements and your preferred method of communication (email, phone, SMS).
- As part of the registration process, you will be provided with project website log-in details and it is your responsibility to keep those log-in details secure and confidential.
- Notwithstanding clause 3 of these terms and conditions, registered users are permitted to make carpool arrangements on behalf of their child or children and you acknowledge and agree that any such arrangements are undertaken entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for the safety and welfare of your child or children.
- Registration with the project website and participation in the project generally is entirely at your own risk and you agree that neither the partner organisations, nor their staff, employees, officers or Councillors (as the case may be) are liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from your registration with the project website and participation in the project.
- You acknowledge that the partner organisations do not carry out police or other checks or make any other assessment as to the suitability of participants in the project.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any vehicle you travel in is appropriately registered and adequately insured. You can carry out a free registration check at VicRoads Registration Check or by phoning 13 11 71.
- Following verification of your identity, based on the information you have provided you will be matched with other registered users and your personal information will be disclosed to those users. Your matches will initially see your gender and proposed travel arrangements only. Your other personal information will not be disclosed until you have agreed to make contact with a user.
- Participation in the project does not guarantee that you will be matched with and/or establish contact with users suitable to establish carpool arrangements with.
- You acknowledge that any financial arrangement you may enter into with other registered users in connection with carpool arrangements is entirely at your own risk.
- You agree to behave in a courteous and respectful manner towards other participants in the project.
- The partner organisations reserve the right to suspend or terminate your registration in any the following circumstances:
- your registration information cannot be verified;
- your registration information is false, incorrect or misleading;y
- our registration is being used, or is likely to be used, in order to transmit unlawful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, malicious or otherwise objectionable material;
- you behave inappropriately toward other participants in the project;
- you otherwise fail to comply with these terms and conditions;
- The partner organisations make no claim, representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of information or other content of the project website.
- The partner organisations and each of them reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice to you. The latest version of the terms and conditions are available on the project website.
- The images and content on the project website are subject to copyright. Copying or reproduction of the project website, whether in part or in whole, is not to be undertaken without the prior written consent of the partner organisations and Community Carpooling Association Incorporated.
- Any links to third party sites contained within the project website should not be taken to imply a connection between those third parties and the project. The partner organisations accept no responsibility for the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- The project website is maintained by Prosentient Systems Pty Ltd (‘Prosentient’). You agree that Prosentient may collect your data for statistical purposes. This data does not identify individual users. For further information on how and why this data is collected you should email email@example.com
- You acknowledge and agree that any of the participating organisations may contact you to request feedback or a testimonial or to invite you to participate in competitions. Whether or not you respond to any such request and/or invitation is entirely at your discretion. Any feedback and/or testimonial you may provide may be published by the partner organisations or any of them, but only in a de-identified format.
All statements made on this website are made in good faith and we believe they are accurate and reliable.
The Wyndham City Council gives no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of information that is contained in this website.
Before acting on any information on this website, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard for your circumstances or personal situation, and where necessary, obtain independent verification.
Wyndham City Council, its agents, officers and employees are not liable for any loss, cost or expense that you incur, directly or indirectly, as a result of, or in connection with any advice, information, statements or services provided to you or, arising out of your participation in carpooling whatsoever, howsoever arising.
We are not responsible for the actions or inactions of any user of the carpooling program.
Your participation in the carpooling service is at your risk in all things.